A pocket knife is a useful and versatile tool that has many uses. Therefore, it is a tool that will appeal to both men and women as both can use it for various purposes. Although there are many pocket knives on the market, each of these has different features, pros, and cons. While some are unisex, there are others that are particularly well-suited to women. If you are a woman and want to buy a pocket knife or you are buying a pocket knife for a woman, then there are many things to consider and you should compare the different products available. The following is a buying guide which highlights the different factors to consider when making your decision. This is followed by product reviews for 13 of the best pocket knives for women to help you make your decision.
Best Pocket Knives for Women- Reviews
There is an excellent range of pocket knives for women available and each of these has different features that will appeal to different people. Here are 15 of the best options on the market now.
1. Buck Knives 284 Deer Skull Pink Pocket Knife
It’s unusual to get a ‘forever warranty’ on such a low-priced knife, but Buck Knives offer it. They’re a reputable brand who’ve been around a long time, and just so happen to offer this 284 Bantam in pink.
Measuring 3 3/4″ when closed and weighing 1.5oz, this is a compact and lightweight option that will fit neatly in your pocket. The blade is made from strong, durable, and rust-resistant stainless steel. The blade is easy to open and close thanks to the nail notch and the lockback mechanism on the handle. The handle has finger swells that make it easy to grip and this gives you good control while using the knife and increases safety. The handle also has a hole to attach the knife to a key chain or a lanyard.
- Legendary heat treatment
- Buck’s ‘forever warranty’
- Made in the USA
- Compact and lightweight
- Good grip
2. SRX90 folding EDC from SRX Tactical
If you’re looking for a pink / ‘girlie’ looking knife, then keep scrolling…
But, this is another well-built and very reasonably priced choice for both men and women. It’s marketed as ‘a knife for men of action & adventure’. Who says women of action and adventure can’t enjoy this too, right?
It comes in two sizes: large (3.54″) and small (2.64″), so you can opt for a shorter blade length if you prefer (and it’s even cheaper, then).
The matte black looks great, it’s a compact pocket-sized design, and the handle is non-slip for confidence and safety.
- Two size options
- Sharp blade with 57RHC hardness (good edge retention)
- Nice matte black design
- Thumb studs for easy opening and closing
- US military veterans are supported by profits
3. Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife Pink Camo
If your preference is for cute knives and you want a multifunctional swiss army knife, then this is a good option for you. Available in a range of colors and designs, this pocket knife has seven functions as it has a1.25-inch blade, a nail file, a screwdriver, a key ring, a toothpick, scissors, and tweezers. Made in Switzerland, the blade and tools of this pocket knife are made from durable stainless steel while the scales are ABS. This is a compact and lightweight tool that measures 2.25-inches and weighs 0.74 ounces. These knives come with a lifetime guarantee for defects in materials or workmanship.
- Funky design
- Color and design options
- Good materials
- Compact and lightweight
4. Elk Ridge Rainbow Frame with Cut out Knife
This folding knife measures three inches when closed and has a 2.5-inch blade. The sharp blade is made from strong and durable stainless steel that is treated to give a transparent rainbow effect across the blade. This knife’s handle is shaped for a better grip that is comfortable and improves safety when using the knife. Also on the handle are a pocket clip and a lanyard hole, so you have several attachment options. This knife has a lock mechanism that holds the blade in place when in use and prevents it from slipping out when folded back into the handle. The knife weighs four ounces.
- Attractive design with a rainbow effect
- Shaped handle
- Sharp stainless steel blade
- Attachment options
5. Langxun Keychain Folding Pocket Knife
This pocket knife differs from many other pocket knives on the market as it is specifically designed for self-defense. Therefore, this is the best pocket knife for women if the purpose of buying the knife is for self-defense purposes. However, it is also useful for many other tasks, such as cutting string or opening boxes. The pink handle is in the shape of a key, so it does not look like you are carrying a knife. The narrow knife is easily deployed from the handle in an emergency. The blade length is 2.1-inches and the size of this pocket knife when closed is 2.8-inches. Therefore, this is a discreet self-defense item to carry in your pocket or purse. This pocket knife is made completely from stainless steel, which is strong and durable. The hole in the key-shaped handle gives you the option to attach this pocket knife to a lanyard or a keychain.
- Self-defense option
- Stainless steel
- Attachment options
6. Femme Fatale Ladies’ Pocket Knife ‘Every Rose Has a Thorn’
The Femme Fatale Ladies’ Pocket Knife is one of the prettiest pocket knives as it is visually stunning. While having all the features you would expect from a practical pocket knife, it is also very pleasing on the eye. It is made from stainless steel with a titanium rainbow-effect finish. Both the blade and the handle have engraved patterns, with the handle featuring an engraved rose and leaf design. The open length of this knife is 7.25-inches and the blade measures 3.25-inches. The shaped handle means that the knife is comfortable to hold, and you will have a good grip. This knife’s handle also features a pocket clip for attachment and a safety guard to protect your fingers from slipping onto the blade while using the knife.
- Stunning design
- Titanium finish
- Stainless steel
- Pocket clip
- Finger guard
7. Cupid Heart Ladies Rainbow Pocket Knife
This is one of the cheapest pocket knives for women and it is also one of the cutest knives. The extended length of this pocket knife is seven-inches and the three-inch blade is made from stainless steel. Three hearts are stamped out of the blade for a fun design. The shaped handle is even more attractive as it has a colorful graffiti-style design featuring rainbow colors, hearts, and roses. The pocket clip is in the shape of the word ‘LOVE’, so this is a stylish attachment. Despite the attractive features, it is a practical handle with a good grip. The two safety features on this knife are the finger guard that prevents your fingers from sliding onto the blade and a liner lock that holds the blade secure when extended or folded away.
- Stylish and fun design
- Pocket clip
- Finger guard
- Liner lock
- Three-inch blade
8. Toferner Celtic Pocket Knife
A vintage style pocket knife, this will appeal to both collectors and to people who want a pocket knife for practical purposes. It has a rustic and traditional appearance as it is hand forged from a single piece of metal, so the blade and the handle are combined. The overall length of this pocket knife is just over three-inches and the blade is just under one inch wide. The knife comes with a genuine black leather sheath that is embossed with a Celtic symbol. This protects you from injury if you are carrying this blade when it is not in use. The sheath has a leather cord, so you can hand your knife around your neck if you wish.
- Vintage design
- Hand forged
- Leather case
9. QSP knife Parrot QS102-C
A practical option with a pretty pink handle, this foldable pocket knife is a good choice for women who use knives in their daily lives, either at home or at work. The 3.15-inch stainless steel blade is easily deployed using the dual thumb stud. This blade is sharp and durable, so it is perfect for many different situations. There is a liner lock for safety and both left and right-hand options are available. This knife’s handle is made from G10 and has a thumb contour for improved grip. This increases control and safety when using the knife. The knife has a reversible pocket clip for you to attach the knife to your pocket or belt.
- Stainless steel blade
- Pink G10 handle
- Pocket clip
- Liner lock
- Thumb contour
10. Browning Prism II Knife
A smart-looking foldable pocket knife, the Browning Prism II Knife is made from stainless steel and the blade measures 2.125-inches. These knives are designed and manufactured in the United States and are made from good quality materials. The handle is shaped and has a curved thumb groove for greater control while using the knife. The pink, metallic handles also has grooves for better grip, and this is important for safety when using this pocket knife. It has a safety lock that clicks the blade in place when deployed and holds it secure when it is folded back into the handle for safety.
- Safety lock
- Thumb groove
- Made in the United States
- Quality materials
11. Samior HY002 Tiny Mini Flipper EDC Folding Pocket Knife
One of the most compact pocket knives for women on the market, this knife measures just 3.3-inches when open and two inches when closed. The authentic Damascus steel blade is a mere 1.5-inches long and one inch wide at its widest point. At only 2.4 ounces, this is also a lightweight option. The handle on this folding knife is ergonomically designed and made from blue anodized titanium. It is shaped for improved grip and control. It has a lanyard hole to give you another attachment option. This knife comes with an aluminum box for safe storage when not in use.
- Lightweight and compact
- Aluminum storage box
- Damascus steel blade
- Titanium handle
12. Crush 91-LT1670CP Liner Lock with Leather Wrist Strap
The modern design and interesting features make this pocket knife for women stand out against its competitors. When closed, this knife measures 3.5-inches and the blade is 2.5-inches in length. The blade is black-coated stainless steel and features two thumb studs. It has a team Realtree pink camo front handle and a solid pink back handle. The inlay shield features the word ‘CRUSH’. The handle has a lanyard hole so that you have the option of attaching this knife to a lanyard. An unusual feature of this pocket knife is the pink leather wrist strap that is included, and this allows you to wear this compact knife on your wrist like a watch.
- Wrist and lanyard attachment
- Cool design
- Durable materials
- Dual thumb studs
13. Pocket Elite Spring Assisted Folding Knife
This spring-assisted folding knife has a stylish appearance but is also very functional and is made from good quality materials. The blade is made from a high carbon stainless steel that is durable, strong, and rust-resistant. It also has excellent edge retention. It is easy to deploy and fold away again.
The shaped handle has an attractive pink, black, and white pattern and is shaped for a comfortable and safe grip. This pocket knife is ideal for those who enjoy outdoor and survival activities who also have a sense of style. It is manufactured by a reputable brand who guarantee the quality of their products.
- Free eBook
- Quality materials
- Stylish design
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Pocket Knives for Women
As there are so many differences between the pocket edc knives available, it is important to consider each of the factors when making your decision. Here are some of the factors you should think about when buying a pocket knife for women.
Types of Pocket Knife for Women
Pocket knives are generally divided into three types. These are:
- Fixed blade- The blade of this knife is fixed and does not fold away. On the plus side, this means that the knife is ready to use straight away. On the downside, they are less compact as they do not fold down when not in use. You need a protective sheath for carrying this type of knife, but this is usually included when you buy a fixed blade pocket knife.
- Folding knife- A folding knife has a blade that folds down into the handle when not in use. This means it is a compact option that will fit neatly into the palm of your hand, your pocket, or your purse. You do not need a protective sheath for this type of pocket, although some come with a protective bag for storage.
- Swiss Army Knives- These are like folding knives as the blade fits into the handle, but they have additional tools and features. For example, they may have a bottle opener, a file, and a small pair of scissors. This makes them a versatile knife to choose.
The blade of your pocket knife is one of its most important features. Therefore, it is one of the points to which you must give the most consideration. Think about the following:
- Length- The length of the blade you choose should relate to the purpose for which you will use the knife. It should have enough length to complete the tasks for which you need it most. There are some legal issues relating to the knife you choose if you intend to carry it outside your home and this depends on where you live. In the United States, the laws relating to knives and the lengths of blades vary from one state to the next. While some will only permit you to carry a knife with a blade measuring under 2.5-inches, others will let you carry knives with blades measuring up to 5.5-inches. This is something that you should check before buying your knife.
- Materials– You should choose a pocket knife with a blade that is hard, durable, rust-resistant, and sharp. In most cases, blades are made from stainless steel as this is a material that fulfills these criteria.
- Replaceable- If you can replace the blades of the knife, you will not need to buy a new knife every time your blade becomes blunt.
- Deployment- If you buy a folding pocket knife, look at how the blade deploys and if it is easy to deploy the knife and lock it back into the handle safely.
After the blade, the handle is the next most important element of a knife. When choosing your knife, think about the following points relating to the handles:
- Size and shape- It is the size and shape of the handle that makes a pocket knife for girls differ from pocket knives for men or unisex pocket knives. Generally, women have slightly smaller hands. You should opt for a pocket knife that is a suitable size for your hands and feels comfortable to hold. Similarly, shaped handles with grooves for finger grip come in different shapes and sizes. Again, some women find these shaped handles more comfortable to hold.
- Grip- Look for textured or grooved handles that will give you a non-slip grip when holding your knife. This is important for both comfort and safety.
- Design- The knife you choose is predominantly down to personal preference and the design of the handle plays a big part in its visual appeal. Many women like to own pretty pocket knives, such as a pink pocket knife, as these have a fun and visually appealing element to them.
Using and carrying a pocket knife safely is vital and some pocket knives have features that will increase levels of safety. Some of these include:
- Protective Sheath- You need a protective sheath if you prefer a fixed blade knife so that you are not carrying a knife with an exposed blade. Most fixed blade knives come with a protective sheath included. However, you may need to buy one separately if the knife does not come with a sheath.
- Lock- Folding knives usually have some form of lock. Not only does this hold the blade inside the handle when it is not in use, but it also locks the blade securely in place when the blade is deployed. This improves safety both when the blade is folded down and when it is in use.
- Finger guards- Some pocket knife handles are designed with a ridge that acts as a finger guard. This safety feature prevents your fingers or hand from sliding onto the blade when you are using it.
The price can vary greatly and there are several things you should consider when deciding how much to pay for a pocket knife.
- The price of a pocket knife depends on the brand, the materials, the size, and its other features.
- While you will often pay more for better quality materials, the price of a pocket knife does not always reflect its quality.
- Buying your pocket knife online will often save you money compared to buying one from a store.
What Are Pocket Knives and Why Would Women Want to Carry a Pocket Knife?
Pocket knives are a smaller knife that has either a fixed or folding blade. They are compact enough to easily fit into most pockets, hence their name. Most pocket knives are unisex, but some are better suited to women due to the size and shape of the handle. There are several reasons why a woman may want to carry a pocket knife. These include:
- Household tasks- A pocket knife is a useful tool for many household tasks, such as general repairs, opening boxes, gardening, and some DIY activities.
- Outdoor activities- Many people who enjoy outdoor pursuits like to carry a knife for some of the activities they enjoy while outdoors. You can use a pocket knife to cut rope, break up twigs, prepare food, and many more tasks.
- Professional use- Women who work in some trades of professions need pocket knives for many of their working activities.
- Safety and self-defense- Some women like to carry pocket knives with them for personal safety. This is potentially they walk home in the dark in areas where there are high levels of crime and want a way to defend themselves. Similarly, if they enjoy outdoor activities, they may need a way to defend themselves against dangerous wildlife. It is important to remember that if you leave the house with your pocket knife, you can only carry one within the legal limitations of the area in which you live.
Tips for Carrying and Using a Pocket Knife for Women
Like all sharp objects, it is important to use and carry pocket knives safely and sensibly. Here are some tips that will help you to increase safety while using a pocket knife for women.
- Pocket knives can are not for use as weapons unless in self-defense.
- If you have a folding knife, always make sure the lock is in place when the blade is folded into the handle before putting it in your pocket.
- Similarly, when using a folding knife, make sure the lock is in place while the blade is extended.
- Always put a protective sheath on a fixed blade pocket knife before putting it in your pocket. While most fixed blade knives come with a sheath, you should buy one for those that don’t.
- Never run with a pocket knife in your hand.
With so many to choose between, you may find it difficult to choose the best for you as each has its own features. However, one of the best pocket knives for women is the Buck Knives 283 Nano Bantam Folding Pocket Knife as this is both stylish and practical. It is a compact and lightweight option and made from good quality materials.
Another fantastic choice is the Elk Ridge Rainbow Frame with Elk Cutout Knife. It is a versatile tool that also has an attractive appearance. It is made from quality materials, it has an excellent grip, and there are various attachment options.